Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Grown-Up Night with my LADIES...

Sometimes you need a night to get out and not have to worry about all of your troubles. I received a text last night asking if I wanted to join the Ladies for some trivia. Our favorite local brewery in downtown Clarksville (The Blackhorse), hosts "trivia night" every Tuesday night.


My first thought was..."No...I need to spend time with John". Well, I turned over my shoulder to see what he was doing, and he was passed out. Snoring like a banshee. So I said..."Why not"! After all, it would probably be the last time, in a long time, that I could just go and not have to worry about who was taking care of Aidan.

It was soo nice to get out with these girls. They are the ones I go to when I am down. And I can always count on each of them to pick me up. Allow me to introduce them from right to left.

First there's Trina. Trina works with John as an army pilot as well. Her strength and courage is what makes her such an amazing person. She recently had a huge life changing experience, but continues to push through and show us all how tough you can be when times are down. I will truly miss her during this deployment.

Next there's Reisa. I met Reisa also through our Husbands. In fact...on the same night I met Trina. At a hail and farewell dinner when we joined the unit. Reisa is an artist. I had never met a "real" artist before. Her pieces are beautiful! I will one day hang a Reisa Peters on my wall. But another thing about Reisa is that she is such a beautiful person, inside and out. She is soo kind and caring to anyone that crosses her path. I love her for that!

Then there's Tiffany. I'm not quite sure how to explain my feelings for Tiffany. I felt a connection with her immediately. We met through a mutual friend at Jazz on the Lawn night at Beachaven Winery. I knew as soon as I met her, that she was a wonderful friend. She is a great shoulder to cry on. She's another one of those strong women that inspires me. I feel soo lucky to have her in my life and can't imagine going through this deployment without her.

Last but not least, there's April. April is a friend of Tiffany's. She just moved here from Chicago. April is also a photographer and will be shooting Weddings alongside me. I had originally planned on not taking on anymore weddings. But when she said she was coming to town, I knew we'd make a great team. I am soo happy she moved here. It is awesome to have a friend to "talk shop" with. It is soo hard to find real friends in the photography field because there is always that factor of competition. But with April, I don't feel that way. If anything, I feel like she and I can learn from each other without having to worry about those kinds of things. Welcome to Clarksville April!

So those are the ladies! We had a nice night. I wasn't much help on the trivia part, but it was soo much fun to get out and hang with my ladies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment