Monday, May 16, 2011

Time

I made a decision today. I have exactly one year to spend with him until he leaves us again. In that year, there will be several training months where we will be apart (I'm sure). I have decided... if I can help it... if I have the opportunity... if there is a choice in the matter... I will follow him. I will leave my friends, my family, my life... to be with him. It does not make me happy to say goodbye. I promise you... I AM NOT leaving anyone behind. This stop has not been one I will forget. It has actually been the one with the most impact on our life as an army family. We have experienced more in these last 4 years than we have in our entire 12 almost 13 years together (not that any other station wasn't memorable). But, it's time. I watched 2 moving trucks leave my neighborhood this week. And I know of 3 more that will be going soon. It's like someone is telling me it's time to go.

The original plan was for me to stay here in this "empty" house alone for a month after our household goods were shipped. But why? Why should I sit here on a lawn chair and an air mattress in a living room for a month while he is only 8 hours away? What is keeping me here? Friends? Business? Both very important to me. BUT... he will always be at the top of that list. So... if there is a choice in the matter, I will follow him. Even if it means saying goodbye to things I love. I can't help it. The heart wants what it needs. And I need him this year. I don't know what the next deployment will bring. I need to be with him as much as I can before he leaves again. There are so many forces pulling me there. So I will go. But we will be back in July. So don't shed tears for us just yet. It's not over till the fat lady sings. And my vocal chords are just warming up!

I WILL LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment